Interlacing looks horrible because the two different fields that make
up that frame have different information in them.  The reason it looks
good in FCP is that FCP is set up to only display single FIELDS at a
time, not entire FRAMES at a time.

This is why you can edit something in FCP and it looks great, and then
when you output it, it looks like garbage.

Trust what the video looks like in quicktime player, not FCP.

Bill Cammack
http://BillCammack.com