----- Original Message -----
From: "duckpondpotter"
> Thanks for the advice on my audio situation.  The last show I recorded
> on Sony Minidisc, so I'll try using that audio instead of the one
> that the camera recorded.  Those Zoom recorders look very cool.....AND
> CHEAP!!!  I might have to spring for one of those. Do you have any
> recommendations for syncing a separate audio track.  Do I just
> manually eyeball the sync on my editor or is there a way to
> automatically sync it while shooting?
(snip)
3rd party comment:  You can sync by using a visual/audio clue ... like a
clap of hands ..or a old fashone film slate closing ... but I just expand
the horizontal track in the editor and match up the waveforms of the camera
audio and the external recorder audio.

You do need to check on the sync if it is a long take (mine are up to an
hour .. and the sync needs to be re-adjusted a couple of times at least)

Richard Amirault
Boston, MA, USA
http://n1jdu.org
http://bostonfandom.org