Hello, all.  My name is Christine and I'm a Lurker.  (you say: "Hi, Christine")

I joined the group just a little while ago.  A friend suggested I come and take
a look.  The level of expertise is indeed astounding; I'm learning a lot.

I know some of you from around the web, but for those of you who don't know me:
I'm a live streamer (with my N95) on various sites like Qik and Bambuser; a
video tester at places like Seesmic and Phreadz; I am currently shooting (in
mini DV format) a show that features my precocious 8 year old daughter called,
aptly, "The Lyrica Show;"  I'm learning how to edit it;  Geo Geller has
provided a ton of inspiration and help (as well as a mic!) for this project.

May I humbly say that I think this group doesn't have to be feverishly active
to remain relevant and helpful.  (Don't forget, for a newbie like me, the
searchable archives for yahoo groups are a fantastic knowledge base in
themselves.)   Most groups slow down and morph into something like an exclusive
chatroom.  This may be what is happening here.  It probably should be
encouraged, actually.  The pioneers here can post occasionally to get expert
feedback.  It's like having a 'focus group' on tap.  Perfect.

 Thanks!  I'll go back to lurking now.

-Christine Cavalier, a.k.a. PurpleCar
http://www.purplecar.net/

P.S. **Jan, I'm so sorry I missed you when you were in Philly!  :-( **