5 have paid - but there are THIRTY people on the list on the wiki,
right?  So.  That's where it needs to be to start with.  No we've got
to persuade each other to put our money where our mouth is.

Seems to me that all these people WANT to go, but need to know who
else is going before they put their money down and buy their tickets.

It's this point, decision time, when we all measure the mood and work
out whether it's worth it to us, right?

If those 30 people come - and more - this will be a GREAT few days.

Not just hanging out in the woods with a bunch of video weirdos, but
a time to really take things to the next level.

The events list on the Vloggercamp wiki is still mostly full of ideas
for tech lessons.

But it seems to me that most of us who are going have cracked the
technology a long time ago.

We're not pioneers in anything any more.  Everyone with a broadband
connection has watched YouTube.

Now we've got to figure out What We Want To Do With It.

Both for ourselves personally - as a hobby - and collectively, as a
group: where the exciting shit is, what the new challenges and
opportunities are, to use bullshit Media Convention marketing speak.

I've heard people talk about collaborative Shows, interactive
storytelling, grassroots democracy & journalism, becoming better
filmmakers.

What *I* want from it is to go and hang out with some of you cutting
edge motherfuckers and come up with some stuff that we can do
TOGETHER.  Make some stuff there and then, and come away with plans
for the next year.

COME ON!  Sign up, let's make this an unmissable event, a much needed
turning point and new beginning.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 30-Jun-08, at 7:45 AM, Bill Streeter wrote:

We have 5 people who have registered.