Interesting!
Thanks, Jen.
I found it incredibly frustrating and annoying and didn't really get
to know it.
But if it's more intuitive for newcomers, then that explains why
Apple decided to release it.  It also suddenly makes it a lot more
attractive to me.  I'm going to read the instructions you posted and
get to grips with it properly.
Rupert