Rupert:
Michael here again, this time with very good news. My friend and I fiddle a bit
with the
code  you suggested and found one change which gave the results we wanted. All
it
required was the inclusion of an "A" before the "http". Like this:
{HREF:A<http://www.maximusspasalon.com/> T<_blank>}Maximus{endHREF}

Thank you for helping us get to the point where we could experiment and get it
to work.
Michael