the union or guild stuff was a focus late 2006/early 2007.
i had setup a blog/group called ourtu.be at the time for discussions on that
but it died out.
group is still out there though - http://groups.google.com/group/ourtube/

maybe someone should refresh those ideas somewhere.
bypass the msm sponsorships.
be the new pbs or something.