I feel it's important for two reasons - wasted opportunities and
wasted time:

1) it's just a terrible wasted opportunity for a company like the BBC
to not Get It.  they could do so much good.  even for a big US
network - they have the resources to create fantastic content,
networks and opportunities if they Got It.

2) all the time they're banging on down the other path, they're
driving the creation of closed interfaces and hardware - solutions
which will impede the progress of independents in reaching a wider
audience.  eventually this will break down, but it might take many
years - all wasted time.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv