I liked the look of the site, too.   But I really wanted a comment
section.  You say you want to talk to people and find out what their
first memory is... which is great.  This is exactly the kind of
project that gets people involved and talking.  But you don't have a
facility for conversation or involvement on the site, which is really
what a lot of vlogging and social media is all about - and this would
surely benefit from it.

There are a bunch of Joomla commenting extensions that should be
fairly easy to install. Just google for Joomla comments.  Disqus have
one - I use that on my Tumblr blog and it works well and took about
five minutes to set up.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv