Apart from anything else, it's worth using a monitor for editing work
because working for prolonged periods at a laptop is very bad for
your neck and back.  I've managed to eliminate headaches and neck
pain by connecting my powerbook to a monitor.  It also removes the
temptation to use the trackpad, which compounds the problem by making
you tense and twist your arms, wrist & fingers much more.

This is a hugely underestimated problem.  Our bodies compensate for
our abuse to a point, but the compound buildup of damage to muscles
is insane.  The head is a big heavy ball that's far better balanced
on top of your neck using front and back muscles, not hanging forward
with your neck and back holding onto it with all their might.  I know
enough editors who have bad backs anyway because of slumping forward
at the desk, even before it became possible to do it on a laptop.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv