I'll add a few things that probably arent too important but I'll say
em anyway...

Yes the new 17" is 1920 res, but unlike the 15" it is still available
in a matte version as wel as glossy. To be honest 17" is a bit small
for that res anyway. There are some nicely priced 22 and 24" monitors
that can do that res, and apart from colour-related issues which Brook
was talking about, they are a pretty good match for editing 1080p
footage. Stille ven 24" feels small for 1080p sometimes, I have a 720p
projector and watching films on that is great, even though its a lower
res - 720p aint bad at all.

Brooks advice about deinterlacing is very good, although if you are
publishing to the web in resolutions that are half your source res,
you can skirt round the issue (if you export to half the vertical res
than it makes deinterlacing irrelevant because you are throwing away
half the vertical lines which eliminates the issue). Also if you are
lucky enough to have a 720p or 1080p camera then you dont need to
worry about deinterlacing as the footage is already progressive.

Cheers

Steve Elbows