Thanks!
I've been meaning to buy a Xacti for a while, and I was thinking that
a waterproof E1 would serve me well up here in the Pacific Northwest
winter.  (Seems the trick is not to totally immerse it too much, or
the screen dies)
Also, I've loved the quality of the footage that people get with
their E1s.

But I saw David Howell today in Vancouver, and he had a Xacti HD100.
It shoots great video.  If you haven't seen his recent video shot at
English Bay in Vancouver with it, you should check it out - some of
the shots are stunning.  Admittedly, most of the imagemaking is done
by the person making the image, not the camera... but anyway, he said
he got his HD100 at Walmart for...
$99.00

Maybe he was yanking my chain.

$99 for an HD camera that shoots stuff that good.  Must have been a
clearance sale or something.  Or a mistake.
I've done 10 hours of travelling today so I'm too tired to check on
Walmart.com to see if that offer's still on - but it might be worth
checking out what they have, and for how much.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv