Get an Uninterruptible power supply (UPS).

Lacie probably arent much more unreliable than any other, everybody has a make
or two
that have failed on them and make them hate that brand. If Mac users have had
lots of
Lacie failures its probably only because they have bought lots of Lacie drives.

Cheers

Steve Elbows