My advice would be to forget 3GP.

I'm working on a project that was originally going to support 3GP, but
we decided to abandon it, because it doesn't make sense for us to
chase every device that can play video.

We decided that we will take a different route and only support the
iPhone, iPod Touch and higher-end Nokia S60 devices. Yes, there are
plenty of other devices, but we'd rather target the handsets whose
owners are likely to afford the data plans needed to enjoy videos on
the go and provide them with nice H.264 content instead of crappy 3GP
content. The 3GP-enabled phones are used by the non-tech savvy
majority who will never watch our content because they don't know how
or can't afford the prices the operators are asking for data transfer.
Rather that waste our time on creating crappy videos that nobody'll
watch, we are focusing our efforts on producing high-quality videos
for those who are interested and can afford to download them.

Just my $0.02

--
Jacek Artymiak
http://devGuide.net