--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rup...@...> wrote:

> Anyway, now the media has an official organisation to talk to when
> they do stories about Web TV.  So if the rest of us want to have a
> voice in media discussion of web video (its present state and its
> future), we'd better follow Jeffrey's lead and organize ourselves.

That's the sad and frustrating part of it.  The media will indeed go to
an outfit like that and scan down its roster to find out about web
video.  My main problem is that the awards are limited to episodic
"shows".  The requirements:

"Any original production produced for broadband distribution with at
least three (3) episodes released in the 2008 calendar year can qualify
for consideration. The show must also be easily viewed and available
online, either via a major video sharing site or unique URL."

That would rule me out (boo hoo) because I make documentary web TV sites
that mix text and video within a CMS such as in
http://PinePlainsViews.com and http://Hestakaup.com.  I just resent the
fact that they cannot be recognized for "outstanding achievement in web
television arts and sciences" because they do not fit into a confining
and arbitrary model.  That's not why I got into broadband TV, just to
ape the networks and Hollywood.  I've already been there, done that.
Broadband TV can be so much more!

The publicity, and some recognition, though, would help make my efforts
be sustaining by broadening the audience.

Stan Hirson
http://PinePlainsViews.com
http://Hestakaup.com