Howdy, I was wondering if folks in the group might have some thoughts on
generating vote turn out for web competitions. I don't mean to directly plug my
project but more to ask what techniques folks with blogs and web series have
used to help overcome apathy of our viewers.

My web series "The Bindlestiffs"   www.thebindlestiffs.com has been nominated
for a Webby Award (Divsion: Online Film & Video  Category: Reality).  One of
the other nominees in the category is "Deadliest Catch: Real Dutch" a web spin
off of Discovery Channel's popular show. Our nominations make us eligible for a
people's voice award and right now we're running in 2nd behind Deadliest with
about 1/2 as many votes.

To have been nominated at all is quite a feather in our cap considering every
other nominee in the category (and many more who were'nt nominated) was funded
by much larger corporations than myself. Of course, Discovery has enormous PR
power compared to us so we're trying everything we know to stay competitive
(Facebook, Twitter, e-mails).

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M.J.