> Howdy, I was wondering if folks in the group might have some thoughts on
> generating vote turn out for web competitions. I don't mean to directly plug
> my project but more to ask what techniques folks with blogs and web series
> have used to help overcome apathy of our viewers.

hahah "what techniques folks with blogs and web series have used to
help overcome apathy of our viewers"
What a great quote.

as far as the Webbies go, it's not easy to get people excited about
voting. What's in it for them?

The best way is to create a relationship with people who watch and
enjoy your work. Creators get twitter accounts and twitter their
personal world. They go to events and get to know people. It's really
a small world online.

The other thing is to get involved in other communities. By investing
time in other people, they will invest time in you. Unfortunately, Ive
never seen any shortcuts.

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com