--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Paul <joshp...@...> wrote:

> This largest hurdle I foresee is getting apps to run on the tvs, and
> how well each manufacturer adheres to any given standard.
>
> I believe most manufacturers have signed on to use tru2way, which is
> based in Java, which is now owned by Oracle.
>
> Does anyone foresee Ellison making some type of grab here? If so, will
> it kill the platform/adoption?

My impression is that the main, first iTV's use a closed software architecture
of widgets, i.e. Yahoo Widgets.  There's one or more that have open software,
but very expensive.  It probably won't be until next year that open software
iTV's will be affordable that anyone can write software to.  Things may have
changed since I last looked into this...let me know if otherwise.

  -- Enric