I signed up as well; thank you for letting us know about it Andrew.

My beef, having a well-loved show with longevity but not huge amounts
of traditional popularity, is a way to move beyond the algorithms of
popularity. Most of the video hosting sites show the most popular -
which become more popular because it's so easy to watch what is on the
home page. The "discovery" part gets diluted quickly in favor of the
mob. Videos that appeal to the 15-25 male demographic continue to rule
- they seem to have the most time to watch these and make them popular
by default. Looking at the top listings on Magma right now is enough
for me to think, "same old same old; no need to return."

Thank heaven the TED videos are on the home page however. But then I
already subscribe to them. :-)

I did try to add 3 BeachWalks,tv videos to the mix and got this error
on all three:
"This video could not be embedded at this time."

I'll be glad to help troubleshoot this with you unless you already
know what the problem is.

Aloha,

Rox

--
Roxanne Darling
Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more