I just experienced the power of my video blog!

I reviewed a hardware product here:
http://www.eevblog.com/2009/10/21/eevblog-39-pickit-3-programmerdebugger-review/
and in my usual no punches pulled style, I gave them quite a serve.

As it turns out the video made it's way all around the company
offices, even to the desk of their CEO. As with any multi billion
dollar corporation, I expected either deathly silence or a nasty
letter from their lawyers.

But it turns out they really do care about their products and
customers, and really do listen, so they seriously took it as
constructive criticism.

So not only was my critical blog well received, I got a lengthy call
from none other than the CEO, thanking me for the blog and raising the
issues. He pointed out a few factual errors which was fair enough, but
admitted they could have done the product better and most importantly
are working to fix the issues and give customers what they expect.

That's like getting a phone call from Bill Gates apologising for Windows Vista!

They have even posted this well put together and hilarious video response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YUvlrVlNao

Absolutely amazing that a huge $4BN corporation took a small time
video blogger like me seriously!

I greatly doubt my rants would have had anywhere near the same impact
if it was just a text blog.

Dave.