On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:27 PM, taoofdavid65 <taoofda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gena already told you to convert the footage using MPEG Streamclip.
>
> I have an Xacti and I edit on a MacBook Pro that has higher specs than your
> system. I use Final Cut Pro. I have to convert the footage before editing it
> too.
>
> Search the archives. There's an abundance of posts regarding converting MP4
> files from Xacti HD cameras.

Thanks, but that's not my problem, VS12 reads and edits the MP4 file
directly from the Xacti with no problems at all. My problem is slow
editing, it's a different problem to my previous thread.

If you actually mean I should convert my MP4 Xacti files to MPEG2
first before I edit so that it will speed up my editing, then I've
tried that and it doesn't really help.

The only conversion I need to do at present is after I render my
finished project to MEP2 and then convert to MP4. I'll try MPEG
Streamclip for this, but there are of course plenty of options for
that.

Dave.