> Honestly, Google it online - in almost every type of editing, there's
> some kind of preparation of clips.  It seems like an insane waste of
> time, I know - why can't the editing companies adapt their software so
> we don't have to do this whole extra step, when it seems so close?
> But at the moment, it's necessary.

This is why video editors are in such demand. I know the RED camera
demands a very specific "process" to prepare the clips to be edited
and then exported. If you know this process, then you'll have editing
work for the next 5 years.

As others on this thread have expressed, it feels like it should just
work. Import, edit, done. But many of us have struggled with various
workflows to make it simple. Unfortunately, it takes time.

It sounds like you have a good handle on the technology so please
research and test. You could very well find a solution that you can
share.

Maybe Apple will make a camera that records in a format that FCP can
edit. Vertical monopolies!

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com