i agree.
in 2009, i returned to basics in many ways.
and have enjoyed building rather complex things with simplistic methods.

you could also argue that its a bit more secure as their are virtually no
input forms and not commonly used app so not a target like wordpress is.

though i like staceyapp, i'm tempted to deploy/rewrite some of my own
similar software.
but i am very much interested in this evolution/de-evolution of web app
philosophy.

i also want to pick up and dust off a little side project i had started that
uses email to create a short messaging feed/stream/page and uses no
database, just text files -

http://nudg.es

example feed:

http://nudg.es/feeds/feed.php?user=sullele...@gmail.com

simple, pretty, effective.  ;)

sull

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Adrian Miles <adrian.mi...@rmit.edu.au>wrote:

> hi all
>
> yes, the first one I saw had no video support and was going to get in
> touch about it, then hey presto, new version out with very nice video
> support. While lots of us use CMS for all sorts of things if you're
> the only contributor then things like WordPress are becoming a bit
> like Word for simple wordprocessing. There's just a ton of stuff there
> when realistically most of us want just a small part of it. This makes
> things like Stacey interesting as they step in between the big CMS's
> and hand coding. This is an interesting development in the ecology of
> CMS's.
>

> On 14/12/2009, at 3:35 PM, sull wrote:
>
> > I've been playing around with it over the past week.
> > New version was just released.
> > Good stuff.
>
> cheers
> Adrian Miles
> adrian.mi...@rmit.edu.au <adrian.miles%40rmit.edu.au>
> Program Director, Bachelor of Communication Honours
> vogmae.net.au

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: