Kevin,

Wow - I was not aware of those upgrades to the Xacti - but then Shane (aka
Secret Cameraman) does the gear mostly for us. I know that we struggle with
white balance at the beach - there is SO much variation between the glare of
the water of the darkness of the trees on shore. We often have to choose one
or the other background, or adjust for one or the other background and lose
perfection, when the sun is at certain angles.

I have often wished for a portable, weatherproof, lightweight light that
could be used as fill somehow. :-)

Rox

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Kevin Lim <brainop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > under is the pioneer in this department!
> > http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/
> >
> > GoPro Videos
> > Beach Walk 742 – Huli
> > Heaven<http://www.beachwalks.tv/2009/06/24/beach-walk-742-huli-heaven/>
>
> > Beach Walk 730 – Kaile Paddles to Flat
> > Island<
> >
> http://www.beachwalks.tv/2009/03/10/beach-walk-730-kalile-paddles-to-flat-island/
>

> > Beach Walk 632 – Island
> > Adventure<
> > http://www.beachwalks.tv/2008/05/08/beach-walk-632-island-adventure/>
>

> > This one uses the wide angle lens:
> > Opelu Sailin’ <http://www.funhogs1.com/2009/12/02/opelu-surfin/>
> > <http://www.beachwalks.tv/2009/06/24/beach-walk-742-huli-heaven/>
>

> > We have used an older Xacti - one of the first underwater versions - wish
> > it
> > would go more than 5' deep and the sounds on ours has crapped out. It's
> > been
> > a good pocket camera for weather situations tho and definitely has better
> > sound than the GoPro's. You can see that it is decent even in the rain
> and
> > wind:
> > http://www.beachwalks.tv/2008/01/03/beach-walk-561-sometimes-it-is-hard/
> >
> > There is also an underwater group on Vimeo.
> >
> > Have fun - the waters are calling you!
> >
> > Aloha,
> >
> > Rox
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Julian Seery Gude
> > <jul...@exceler8.com<julian%40exceler8.com>
> <julian%40exceler8.com>
>
> > >wrote:
> >

> > > Hey Kevin,
> > >
> > > I enjoyed your GoPro video and your site. Thanks for the link - great
> > > stuff.
> > >
> > > How do you like your Xacti 1010. I have a CG-10 and would like the
> extra
> > > quality, FPS and such.
> > >
> > > /jules

> > but
> > it's
> quite

> video
> > > below

> > jul...@exceler8.com <julian%40exceler8.com> <julian%40exceler8.com
> ><julian%40exceler8.com>

> wide
> > > angle

> > former

> yet.

> > > scene.

> <julian%40exceler8.com>
>
> > <julian%40exceler8.com>

> > > ---
> > >
> > > Julian Seery Gude
> > > jul...@exceler8.com <julian%40exceler8.com> <julian%40exceler8.com>
> <julian%40exceler8.com>
>
> > > {561} 584-9088 or {skype} exceler8
> > > LOCALNa8ion.com and exceler8.com
> > > On the web: http://www.google.com/profiles/JulianSeeryGude

> > --
>
> > Roxanne Darling
> > "o ke kai" means "of the sea" in hawaiian
> > Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more

Roxanne Darling