Yup, if you're used to "video" as it's existed for past X number of
years (especially "consumer video") is nothing at all like the Red. It's
a "digital cinema camera" and if you know the world of film cameras, you
may love it. If you know the world of video, well, there's a steep
learning curve. A lot of the Red operation can require 2 people, and I
don't think there are many people buying them nowadays to "play around
with" though. Maybe the Red Scarlet when it comes out...

Pete