Hey Jay,

I'm sittin here reading Steve's book when a thought occurs. My father-
in-law gave me a Sharp video camera when we left Japan to return to
the US. It's a Hi8 camera with all the menus in Japanese, but Masako
translated them for me so I could use the camera. The output is Hi8
tape of course with RCA cables too. I stopped using it because I
figured the world is digital and time has passed it by. But maybe I
could still use it...thinkin budget.

Of course if it required an expensive converter of some sort I'd
rather put the money into a new camera...any thoughts.

Also, I am making the vid-pod in my studio using the iSight on the
iMac. Looks ok so far. Would I get any noticeable increase in
production values if I got the Logitech webcam for Mac?

Thanx,
Tom

On Jan 23, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Tom Dolan <tomjdo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanx for the response Jay. I've been monitoring this group for
> awhile
> > and I'm impressed with the (mostly) positive energy here.  I
> > appreciate your input.
>
> We used to have big flame wars and dramafests every six months or so.
> Pretty tame these days. Think people are all just busy creating and
> living their life.
>
> >I do have a channel up on blip.tv and have only
> > uploaded a test file to see if I could get it to work.  It's been
> > there for 2 + months while I've been getting ready to get real. I'll
> > inform the group about the blog-n-channel when I get further along.
> > Any opinions on tube mogul?
>
> Seems like a great option if you want to spam multiple video sites at
> once. http://heyspread.com/ is another one. It all depends on what
> your goal is. I'd focus on making the best videos you can....then
> worry about all the promotion etc.
>
> Steve Garfield just published a book called "Get Seen":
> http://www.amazon.com/Get-Seen-Secrets-Building-Business/dp/0470525460
> He probably answers a lot of questions for the beginner on, well,
> getting seen.
>
> Jay
>
> --
> http://ryanishungry.com