----- Original Message -----
From: "Loreta_Vaidas"
> Can anybody please recommend a good quality (not too pricey please) boom
> pole for a one person team?

I don't understand what a "one person team" is. A "team", by definition
seems to be a minimum of two.

> I have an Audio-Technica AT875R shot gun mic which I'll be using for my
> videofilmings and would like a boom pole to go with it. Holding a pole
> myself is not an option.

A "boom pole holder" may work.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=boom+pole+holder&N=0&InitialSearch=yes
but only for a subject that is not moving about.

> Please give me some guidance what features to look for in a pole, where
> and what best to purchase, etc.

Some poles have the mic cable built-in, and of course the length varies.

You can always go with the Home Depot / Lowes extendable paint pole. But you
will need to purchase an attachment to convert the end to hold the mic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Make-mic-boom-pole-w-adapter-4-rode-other-microphones_W0QQitemZ220557427871QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335a3f449f
and, of course, this also requires you to run the mic cable the length of
the pole.

If you are shooting outdoors you will definitely need a windscreen. The foam
type may work well enough, or it may not. Better is the "furry" or "dead
cat" type of windscreen. Even better is a "blimp" type with a furry cover.

If you have a person to hold the mic/boom pole be sure that they have
headphones and can actually *hear* the audio from the mic. Otherwise they
won't know if they are holding the mic / pole properly. This may be a long
cable running out of the camcorder to the person, or .. you can do "double
system sound" and record to a high quality digital recorder. In that case
the recorder can be carried by the boom pole operator and and there is less
chance of someone tripping on a long cable from the camera. You will need to
sync-up the sound in editing, but it's not as hard as you might think.

Richard Amirault
N1JDU
http://bostonfandom.org