Hi
I've been offered a gig to do a live streaming blog from an event for
3 days in the US, payed for by the (big) company running the event.
Never done anything like this before, I usually just run my talking
head YouTube blog from my lab at home. Never live streamed before, and
never had a paid video blogging gig like this before. They would even
widely market me leading up to the event as being there live blogging.

It would involve the usual stuff for a live event blog, walking around
booths, interviews with key people and random visitors, and a wrap-up
at the end of the day.

No idea of the full details yet, but I thought I'd ask any general
advice from those who have done full day/multiday live blogs.
I don't know as yet if I'd just be the on-screen talent or they would
expect me to do everything and provide all the gear and streaming
infrastructure etc, I'm assuming the former, and that I'd get plenty
of technical help. That wouldn't stop me bringing my own kit "just in
case" though.

What about stuff like recording live streams for edit/playback later?,
what type of gear is needed, typical streaming software etc.
How much actual "live" work would be typical for a full day event? etc
I'm assuming that live streams would go "live" of course, and
in-between they would show previously recorded  segments?

I've got plenty of ideas of course, but it would be good to hear from
anyone who's been there and done that.
So any and all tips appreciated.

Thanks
Dave.