Hi Group:
Thought I'd encourage those perhaps struggling with gear limitations, by
providing an example of what can be done on the cheep. Of course having a
degree of "talent" (as subjective as the word might be) doesn't hurt.

A friend of mine, Mathew Brown from Seattle, crafts some of the most
eloquent and masterful visual pieces I've seen (even though they are a tad
too avant-garde for some tastes). And Matt does it all with less than a
grand worth of gear (I'm admittedly a little envious about that too,
considering how much I've spent on equipment); a naked Canon HV30/40 and
Sony Vegas, is mostly what Matt uses (aside from stock clips and audio
tracks).

Matt doesn't Vlog although I'm certain if he did, the moving images he'd
create would be of the same ultra high-quality. You can check out Matt's
work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/meheh

Do you know of others who do lots with a little?

Mark Villaseñor,
http://www.TailTrex.tv
Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
http://www.SOAR508.org