On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Mark Villaseñor
<videoblogyahoogr...@tailtrex.tv> wrote:

> Hi Group:
> Thought I'd encourage those perhaps struggling with gear limitations, by
> providing an example of what can be done on the cheep. Of course having a
> degree of "talent" (as subjective as the word might be) doesn't hurt.
>
> A friend of mine, Mathew Brown from Seattle, crafts some of the most
> eloquent and masterful visual pieces I've seen (even though they are a tad
> too avant-garde for some tastes). And Matt does it all with less than a
> grand worth of gear (I'm admittedly a little envious about that too,
> considering how much I've spent on equipment); a naked Canon HV30/40 and
> Sony Vegas, is mostly what Matt uses (aside from stock clips and audio
> tracks).
>
> Matt doesn't Vlog although I'm certain if he did, the moving images he'd
> create would be of the same ultra high-quality. You can check out Matt's
> work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/meheh
>
> Do you know of others who do lots with a little?
>
> Mark Villaseñor,
> http://www.TailTrex.tv
> Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
> http://www.SOAR508.org

Yes, very impressive indeed. I'm sure there is a ton of editing work
involved in something like that!
Does go to show what can be done with a basic camera and gear.
Heck, I'm convinced it's possible to win the Cannes film festival with
500 bucks worth of gear and a crap load of talent and time.

Dave.