--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.ded...@...> wrote:
> If anyone is doing any video experiments with html5 (and VP8)...please post!

I'd love to oblige and do some encoding in VP8 and play back in HTML5.  I'll
share.  But how do I get a VP8 encoder for the Mac?  I saw one available for
the PC and some very obscure information about FFMPEG that was way out of my
experience.  There is an interesting player at http://videojs.com/ that has
fall-back for browsers that are not capable of running HTML5 but the
documentation is not there yet.  And there is the Jilion project,
http://jilion.com/sublime/video which is not out yet.

I'm getting concerned that although VP8 is open source, it is not accessible to
the unwashed content creators (videomakers) but only to corporations and
developers. At some point there may be some trickle-down, but it won't be free.

Stan

Stan Hirson
http://PinePlainsViews.com
http://hestakaup.com