Yeah I shall give it a year to see hwo it does before reaching any conclusions.
At this stage by biggest problem is how much CPU it uses to playback, quality
seems ok to me but CPU use is not. Hope that can be improved substantially and
the hardware (eg GPU) decoding stuff happens quite quickly.

As for the whole page as a canvas for videos, I guess there is quite a lot of
potential there, either through multiple videos or different parts of the page
playing back different periods of time from a single video file. Quite what
uses fo this will be discovered Im not sure, hope there is plenty of
experimentation with this and other stuff that is ossible via CSS animation and
fancy javascript manipulation of HTML5 video. My initial experiments on this
front will be done using H.264 for CPU use reasons and also because Im going to
get an ipad.

Cheers

Steve Elbows