Goofballs? I know many of the library school students who appear in this video
contribute much to the UW Libraries. They answer reference questions, process
collections, and--perhaps most importantly--infuse the Libraries with
enthusiasm and new ideas. GaGa's not in my playlist, but creativity is always
on my radar.

And probably no one knows better than they do that the "woods are burning."
Many students are graduating with mounds of debt and at time when professional
jobs are scarce. I'd rather see them channel what must be some anxiety about
the future into a catalog-centric GaGa parody than sometime curmudgeonly.

John Vallier
Head, Distributed Media
UW Libraries Media Center
vall...@uw.edu 206-616-1210