Subject:  FW: quick response....
From:     "Rosen, Rhonda J." <rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu>
Date:     Fri, January 29, 2010 1:46 pm
To:       "ghand...@library.berkeley.edu" <ghand...@library.berkeley.edu>

Gary, why did this bounce back at me?
Rhonda

From: Rosen, Rhonda J.
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 12:21 PM
To: 'videolib@lists.berkeley.edu'
Subject: quick response....

Everyone...
We have a quick and dirty workshop for some faculty this afternoon.  We
have a  scenario and  we find we are differing in our opinions within our
own department, and was curious what you'd say.  Would you mind giving me
a quick response?  Thanks, Rhonda

Dr. Fellini  wants to create a mini-"digital library" of movie scenes for
his students. He obtains (legal) dvds of the films, burns the selected
scenes onto a DVD and distributes copies to each student-is this legal?

Rhonda Rosen| Head, Media & Access Services
William H. Hannon Library | Loyola Marymount University
One LMU Drive, MS 8200 | Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
rro...@lmu.edu| 310/338-4584|
http://library.lmu.edu

Gary Handman
Director