I would say no.

Relevant questions are: Is Dr. Fellini a Film Studies professor?
Who owns the DVDs?
Are any of the DVDs copy-protected?

The right to circumvent copy-protection to make clips for FACE TO FACE
classroom use is accorded only to Film and Media profs using DVDs purchased by
their departments (not personal or college library copies).

I would say that if Dr. Fellini is a film studies prof and the DVDs belong to a
dept. library then he can make one copy, or maybe a couple, of a clip
compilation. If he is not a film studies prof then he can only make such a clip
compilation if the DVDs have no copy-protection encoding.

If he makes the clip compilation, after using it in class he could lend it to
his students who want to copy it though.....

To be frank, I don't see what the point of it would be, except to stoke his own
ego about the favoriteness of his favorite scenes. It would be like handing out
a xerox of your favorite passages from Shakespeare, or something. What does
that teach, at a college level?

Judy Shoaf