From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of jwoo
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:31 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] home use : the saga continues

So do you think it would be permissible under the 'license' wording below, to
buy a home dvd and then only let it be checked out for use at home?  Or because
we don't need "public exhibition rights" for private in-library viewing or
under TEACH, can a library disregard the need to purchase at the institutional
price? ($25 vs. $100)

"Home DVDs are licensed for private home viewing only. Institutional DVDs
include full in-house public exhibition rights. These are DVDs for schools,
museums, etc. Home DVD orders placed for institutional usage are subject to
cancellation."