All

We don't really do any educational productions, although I'm sure that if
anyone ever needed anything from our original programming, we could get it. (We
produce mainly Health and Food content) We have the capabilities to CC, but
it's not always requested. It also depends the format and production type. We
often do subtitles though, especially with all the Spanish content we're
producing. We have English with Spanish subtitles and vice versa.

I would think that production for educational and academic purposes would
automatically encode for CC. Perhaps it's just too cumbersome? I know that from
my work in local and national news, often our packages and live shots would air
without CC simply because the producer didn't want to type verbatim their pkg
that was edited in the field and sent back via the live truck. It was extra
work and too tight to make broadcast. I would always fill in the CC when I saw
blanks. It's unfortunate to know that non-news productions lack CC as well.

Best regards,
Laura

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnswersMedia
Laura Fu
Video Assets Manager

400 W. Erie
Chicago, IL 60654
P: 312.421.0113 ext.5160
F: 312.421.1457
lau...@answersmediainc.com

www.answersmediainc.com
www.answerstv.com

 Before printing, please think about the environment