Thanks, E.

Listening to Zizek always makes me feel as if I've been through a couple
of rounds of electroshock therapy.

I was a Gitanes smoker also, for a short period, until all my friends
abandoned me (although I do still have a proclivity for hipster black)

Sartre never rattled my existential bones, gotta say.

I used to see Tom Gunn (in full leather regalia) striding around campus in
the late 70s.  Should have introduced myself, but he was sort of a
daunting character (and also inclined to hit on anything with--or
without--pants in those pre-plague days)

I AM a big Ginsberg fan (in fact, I admit to a juvenile romantic addiction
to all things beat--although even the blush has faded from that particular
boho vine for me in recent years).  My poetry reading has diminished
almost completely in the last 30 years (except for Yates and John Donne
AG, Frank O'Hara, and a bit of Randal Jarrell, perhaps)  Come to think of
it, I've almost completely given up on fiction, as well (which neither my
wife nor my daughter can understand at all).  I'm afraid that my patience
for make-believe is almost gone...even in the movies, sometimes.

g.

>>> www.twitter.com/kinolorberedu