Hi Kim, Thanks for pointing this out. I noticed a similar issue with "The
Visit" (w/Bergman & Quinn). We tried to purchase a DVD copy but only found a
pirated version. However, Amazon.com offers it online for individual use:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Visit/dp/B001V6F1YM

> Is this another sign of an impending physical media apocalypse?
I think so, and it's also happening rapidly w/audio. More and more audio
content is only being offered as an iTunes or Amazon download: no CD available.
And trying to negotiate an institutional license for this content can be both
time consuming and expensive. I tried with a few iTunes only tracks from the LA
Phil. After being bounced around through music industry email, I ended up at
UMG. They said it would be possible to create an institutional, in-library use
license for maybe 1/4 of a symphony, but that it would cost $250 for processing
+ more for licensing. It would also be a temporary license, lasting maybe one
or two years. We declined, and so go library collections.

John
_________
John Vallier
Head, Distributed Media