From:   ghand...@library.berkeley.edu
To:     videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Date:   05/24/2011 09:59 AM
Subject:        Re: [Videolib] another film outfit wanting to sell
performance rights
Sent by:        videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu

Here's the deal, Laura

Zipporah (and many others) are not charging high prices because you're
showing stuff in the classroom--they're charging these prices primarily
(exclusively) because they're selling to institutions and they feel those
are the prices the market will bear, including, in Zipporah's case, sales
to individuals.

Gary

> Here's another case of a filmmaker wanting a large sum for the right to
> show films in a classroom - Zipporah Films.  In this case I was merely
> purchasing a personal copy but they saw my university email address.
> Comments?
>
> Laura J. Ruede, MLS
> Assistant Music/Media Librarian; Van Cliburn Archivist
> Library Liaison to the School for Classical and Contemporary Dance
> Mary Couts Burnett Library
> Texas Christian University

Director
Media Resources Center
Moffitt Library
UC Berkeley

510-643-8566
ghand...@library.berkeley.edu
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC

--Francois Truffaut

as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
producers and distributors.