From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:25 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] FW: New 108 spinner

That is what I thought, but the spinner says the person keeps it or am I
misreading that?
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM,
<ghand...@library.berkeley.edu<mailto:ghand...@library.berkeley.edu>> wrote:
The library can, if 108 strictures and requirements are met, make the
specified number of copies as replacements for items in the library's
collection.  The law says nothing about giving the copy (for keeps) to
someone who requests it, Jessica.

gary

> [...]
>>  This is dead serious question.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Brewer, Michael <
>> brew...@u.library.arizona.edu<mailto:brew...@u.library.arizona.edu><mailto:brew...@u.library.arizona.edu<mailto:brew...@u.library.arizona.edu>>>
>> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Please take a look at the new Section 108 Spinner 2.0, which has just
>> been
>> released by the ALA Office for Information Technology Policy, and which
>> developed.  Your colleagues in ILL, Document Delivery, Digital
>> Libraries,
>> Special Collections and other areas may be interested.  This tool was
>> created to help libraries and librarians to better understand and more
>> programmatically take advantage of Section 108 of US Copyright Law.
>>
>> http://www.districtdispatch.org/
>>
>> http://librarycopyright.net/108spinner/
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any questions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> mb
>>
>> Michael Brewer
>> University of Arizona Libraries
>> brew...@u.library.arizona.edu<mailto:brew...@u.library.arizona.edu><mailto:brew...@u.library.arizona.edu<mailto:brew...@u.library.arizona.edu>>

>> issues
>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
>> control,
>> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
>> and
>> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
>> effective
>> distributors.
>>

>> --
>> Jessica Rosner
>> Media Consultant
>> 224-545-3897<tel:224-545-3897> (cell)
>> 212-627-1785<tel:212-627-1785> (land line)
>> jessicapros...@gmail.com<mailto:jessicapros...@gmail.com><mailto:jessicapros...@gmail.com<mailto:jessicapros...@gmail.com>>

>> issues
>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
>> control,
>> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
>> and
>> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
>> effective
>> distributors.

>> issues
>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
>> control,
>> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
>> and
>> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
>> effective
>> distributors.
>>

> --
> Jessica Rosner
> Media Consultant
> 224-545-3897<tel:224-545-3897> (cell)
> 212-627-1785<tel:212-627-1785> (land line)

Director
Media Resources Center
Moffitt Library
UC Berkeley