No Gary, there was nothing wrong with this copy and nothing wrong with
thousands of 16m copies that many institutions are transferring. I am
sure a few of them might be in "danger" but in general 16mm is very
sturdy format and lets not be naive that many institutions are
wholesale transferring them and many wholesale streaming them as well
as VHS & DVD copies. Unless a copy is deteriorating OR in  "dead"
format you have no legal right to make a copy. This film and the one
copied and streamed by the name redacted to protect the guilty did not
have that issue. It is absolutely about convenience and money ( it
certainly costs more to deal with 16mm), neither of which passes the
smell test for 108.

Jessica Rosner
Media Consultant
224-545-3897 (cell)