While I agree it is bad policy I think you are reading more into it.
Studios have become obsessed with the 28 Day window as a way of
controlling product Vs Netflix, Red Box, Amazon streaming etc. I think
 when they say something like available exclusively from X on demand
system, they need it to be true. I am sure from their point of view
having libraries wait 28 days and giving them an extra discount seemed
reasonable even if misguided. It is hard for me to be that hostile to
the studio that has made far more of its collection available then all
other studios combined. I think a lot of the WB people are very
library friendly, but they are actually terrified of the future re
streaming etc and how to make it work for them.

Jessica Rosner
Media Consultant
224-545-3897 (cell)
212-627-1785 (land line)