Hello,

I'm relatively new to this list (been lurking for a couple months) and have
have found the discussions on streaming media really useful. I was
wondering if some of you would care to comment on the quality of the
streamed images. Our library is testing out some of the sites mentioned and
I found the low-res streams to be watchable - especially for short-form
content on a small device (phone, ipod etc.)  - but the full-screen views
I've tried so far are uniformly terrible.  We don't have a bandwidth
problem here, the stream itself is steady, so I'm inclined to think it's on
the vendor side.  The image is consistently blurry/fuzzy/cloudy, full of
compression artifacts.   I've tried looking at different types of content
from different vendors and while there are slight variances there isn't one
that I would watch in full-screen mode.  But that's how I would *want *to
watch it.  Is it just me?  How are people viewing streaming media and what
do you or your users think about the quality of the image(s)?

My apologies if this is something that has been discussed recently.

Cheers,
Carolyn

--
Carolyn Faber