My library is looking into "Films on Demand" to replace our small video
collection. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses or has used Films on Demand
to give feedback on whether or not it's a worthwhile subscription. General
feedback is welcome but I'd especially like to hear

·         Do your faculty and students use Films on Demand? If so, about what
percentage uses it?

·         Are the videos recent enough and cover a broad range of subjects to
match your community's needs?

·         Are some subject collections better than others?

·         Have you run into any problems when streaming or authenticating?

·         What has been your experience in dealing with the customer service of
Films on Demand?

·         Overall, would you recommend subscribing to Films on Demand?

Irene Münster
Associate Director/Head of the Shady Grove Library
Priddy Library
Rockville, MD 20850  USA
Phone: 301 738 6086
imuns...@umd.edu<mailto:imuns...@umd.edu>