Hi,

Burlington County Library System subscribed to FOD in mid-2011 and it seems to be a good resource for our community. Of course, we are a public library and so we have subscribed to the complete package. However, FOD isn't enough to replace our entire non-fiction DVD collection. The variety is very broad and as far as recent, the material/titles being added seem comparable to the non-fiction DVDs being released to Midwest Tapes (our primary vendor) and the topics are timely. However, we don't represent the evideos in our library catalog at this time due to the number of videos available (8,000 +). Technically, streaming and authenticating have both been fine for me on my work PC, home wireless PC, and my iPad (wireless, not 3G). We offer remote access using library card number and have had not had complaints yet. Customer service seems very responsive.
Best wishes,
Paula Manzella

Danette Pachtner wrote:

My library is looking into "Films on Demand" to replace our small video collection. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses or has used Films on Demand to give feedback on whether or not it's a worthwhile subscription. General feedback is welcome but I'd especially like to hear

· Do your faculty and students use Films on Demand? If so, about what percentage uses it?

· Are the videos recent enough and cover a broad range of subjects to match your community's needs?

·         Are some subject collections better than others?

·         Have you run into any problems when streaming or authenticating?

· What has been your experience in dealing with the customer service of Films on Demand?

·         Overall, would you recommend subscribing to Films on Demand?

Irene Münster

Associate Director/Head of the Shady Grove Library

Priddy Library
Rockville, MD 20850  USA

Phone: 301 738 6086

imuns...@umd.edu <mailto:imuns...@umd.edu>