Some library suppliers not have "RedBox" style disc jukeboxes that store
discs in a locked cabinet, releasing them for authenticated check out.

We explored this earlier, but because (at the time) the boxes did not
interface with our ILS, especially the booking module, we abandoned the
idea.

They may work differently now, and may be a viable solution for high risk
(especially feature film) titles in your collection.

--
deg farrelly
Arizona State University