Gee and I thought the Georgia State case which followed literally dozens of
cases on the same subject would make it clear that "fair use" does NOT
cover an entire work. Now perhaps I am misunderstanding the question but it
sounds like you are talking about an entire work. I am also concerned about
the legal nature of the material. You say it was
"legally acquired" which I presume means it was a commercially produced
copy released by the rights holder and purchased by the instructor. I
remain cynical on this in general because I have encountered numerous
professors who have taped things off air, bought bootlegs etc and yet claim
they are legal copies ( a certain screaming match at an Orphans conference
may come to mind re a certain "leading" figure in this issue who claimed
just that). If in fact you plan to use short excerpts from genuinely
legitimate copies than standard "fair use" applies but anything else would
be illegal without permission of the rights holder

 108 DOES not apply in any event as it requires the item to have been part
of the libraries collection which this material was not. What next Gary
find a rare VHS at a tag sale and digitize and circulate because you found
one?

I would also add that I am a little frustrated/angry at the  idea that such
a decision depends more or less on how much
you want to push the envelope. I tendsee this as code for well nobody is
going to catch you and after all it is for a "good" purpose. The use of
material is either legal or it is not. There are some grey areas but not
nearly as much as is often presented here.
Bottom line is that just as the MAJORITY of films ever made are NOT legally
available, the majority of legally released material is not available for
streaming. Just because you can not find a rights holder or they want too
much money or they simply do not want their material streamed or released
does not give you the right to do it anyway.