108 requires that the material be from the libraries own collection, these
belonged to an outside party who asked the library to stream them for their
class..  108 is the contentious section regarding "preservation & copying"
of at risk materials, it is not a free pass for a library to find a beat up
copy of  a rare film and make a circulating DVD. You can use clips from any
legal copy so 108 is irrelevant. For the purposes of classroom exhibition
or clip use the copy only needs to be legal, if an institution is going to
claim it bought a copy that is now at risk it can't make that claim on a
copy it does not own and never bought.

I would also point out that while it is moot because the rights holder has
given permission I am not all that clear on the legal status of the copy in
question. I make no judgements on these situation but I have been involved
in many situation where someone who was involved in a film has a personal
copy, but it is not in fact a legal copy for the purposes of distribution.
Obviously commercial produced and sold copies are legal copies but more
than a few instructors have presented copies that most definitely are not.