Actually I think it very clear and easier under "fair use" and the
exemptions for clips in terms of breaking encryption.
The copy does NOT have to belong to the library for use under "fair use"
that applies only to copying an entire work under 108. You could use a copy
from Blockbuster, Netflix or anyone provided it is a legal release. While I
tend to freak out at claims that "fair use" covers entire works I am very
much in support in its being widely used for excerpts/clips to in fact
create new works as that is its basic intent and legal history.